Po Leung Kuk Fung Leung Kit Memorial Kindergarten
2024-2025 K1 Student Enrollment Notice
Please complete the online application from August. Prepare the documents/additional information required for application:
1. A photocopy of the birth certificate of the applicant
2. 2 recent passport photos of the applicant
3. Application fee: HK$40 【Visa , Master , Pay cash to any branch of HSBC or ATM (Keep the original copy of bank-in
slip/ Advice of ATM )
Method 2: Obtain the application form in person
• Obtain the application form in person during Opening hours from August: Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
• Submit the application form in person together with a photocopy of the birth certificate of the applicant: 24-25 報名表格.pdf
• Application Fee: HK$40.The application fee is non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
• No set quota for the kindergarten
3) Applications for "2024/2025 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission"
• Under the kindergarten education scheme (Scheme), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document
• Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2023. For details of application, please visit Education Bureau's website.
• Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the Education Bureau will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing the application and issue the "Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission" to eligible applicants by post.
4) Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens for the 2024/25 School Year :
• For details of Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes , please visit Education Bureau's website :
5) Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum- Child Care Centres
• Notification of interview will be issued via email from 20th October 2023. If you fail to receive any invitation by 27th October 2023, please call 2642 3100 for enquiries.
• Interviews will be arrange on 4th November 2023.
• The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants. If you fail to receive any notification, please call 2642 3100 for enquiries.
• Invitations will be issued to parents via email or phone
• Group and/or individual interviews will be arranged
•Parents should accompany their child for the interview
• The kindergarten will arrange interpretation and / or translation service for applicants as necessary, or allow parents and children to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative / friend during the interview to facilitate communication.
7) Admission Requirements
• Interview performance
• The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten will be given due priority consideration
• The applicant with parents graduated from the kindergarten will be given due priority consideration
• The applicant from families in need will be given due to priority consideration when applying for whole day classes.(As the number of school place is limited .Please understand that not all applicants fulfilling will the
priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.
8) Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 15th December 2023 by post.
9) Registration Arrangements
i. Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 4th to 6th January 2024 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee. Registration fees for the half day class is HKD$970 and fee for the whole day class is HKD$1,570.
ii. Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. We will contact parents by phone. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee. Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “RC” /“AP” as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded.
Upon obtaining the “RC” / “AP”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Whole Day Class (2024-25 academic year) Information for parents:
Whole Day Class (estimated enrollment places: 15)
2. Academic year
September to early July next year
3. Class hours
Monday to Friday; 8:45 am – 4:30pm
a. * Our school does not provide extended school hours
b. * For ceremonies, events and school activities, class will be end same as half day class
According to general holidays on school calendar issued by the Education Bureau of Hong Kong; same as half day school students.
5. Tuition fees
Tuition is free for children who apply for half day or whole day class
6. Snacks & Meal fees
To be approved by Education Bureau (Tuition fees is waived for July and August)
7. Required items
Blanket , pillow, cup, small towel with container and changing clothes (Please label every item with student’s name)
a. Our school provides beds for afternoon nap. The size of the bed is 2x4 feet. Parents shall be aware the sleeping kit should not be too large or heavy.
b. Parents must bring all the listed items on the first day of each school week. Items will be kept by the class teacher. They will be returned on the last day of the school week for cleaning.
c. Small towel with container, cup and food box must be cleaned at home every day and brought to school the next day.
a. 15 Whole day class enrolment places. Admissions are based on social need. Priority might be given to children with special needs e.g. children who cannot receive proper care at home as a result of both parent working full-time , children considered to have need for care because of special conditions of other family members Due to the limited number of whole-day class, not all applicants who are eligible to be prioritized can be admitted
b. For students having transferred from half day class to whole day class, if they would like to return to half day class and their original half day class is in the afternoon, they must be entered into the original afternoon class. For students who cancelled their enrolment of whole day class and wished to re-apply, the entire application must be made again. For students leaving whole day class, any time within the academic year, please provide one month’s prior notice to school to process and confirm the application.
9. Application process
Please notify the kindergarten in writing and clearly stated with interests. Applications will not be considered on a first come first serve basis.