"A LIKE for Smoke-Free" Smoking Prevention Education Programme for Kindergarten
Supported by the Tobacco Control Office of the Department of Health, Po Lung Kuk initiated the "A LIKE for Smoke-Free" Smoking Prevention Education Programme in September 2015 in Hong Kong. The program saw the creation of "The Smoke-free Education Teaching Resources Kit" in Chinese and English.
Several Programmes are implemented to promote the ‘Free-Smoking’ message:
- “‘Smoke-Free’ Ambassador” Scheme
- ‘Smoke-Free’ Storytelling by Parents
- ‘Smoke-Free Day’ Signing Activity
- Seminars for ‘Smoke-Free’ Teaching Aids
- ‘Smoke-Free’ Parent- Child Creative Drawing Competition
- ‘Smoke-Free’ Singing Contest
- ‘Cigarette –Out, Health-In’ Interactive Drama Performance
The wide range of no-smoking material let students learn the disadvantages of smoking to health; and to help them develop strong values and proper living attitudes to "Reject Smoking".